Dedicated volunteers are an integral part of our team at Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center. In return for your commitment of volunteering four hours a week, you receive training, support, complimentary meals and satisfaction knowing you make a difference in the lives of so many here at the hospital and within our community.
Volunteers are encouraged to choose areas of opportunities that interest them the most:
- Information Desk: Information Desk duties for volunteers include greeting patients and visitors to the hospital, giving directions or escorting them to a specific area. A volunteer acts as a liaison to the surgical department.
- Gift Shop: The Gift Shop is sponsored and staffed by volunteers. All proceeds are used by the non-profit organization for scholarships and special projects.
- Cuddler Program: The Cuddler Program at Sierra Vista gives volunteers a great opportunity to aid in the development of premature infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. As a volunteer in this program, your goal will be to support the nursing staff and patients' families with loving hands and a gentle presence. Volunteers that are mature, responsible and comfortable holding premature infants are always needed.
- Hostess Cart: Volunteers serve coffee and tea to visitors in the hospital. The hostess cart is taken to each of the waiting areas throughout the hospital.
- Emergency Department: Volunteers work closely with emergency department physicians and staff in providing support and compassionate care to patients and their families. This program is ideal for those with an interest in the day-to-day operations of a medical center emergency department.
- Special Projects: Other projects that volunteers often help out with include: assisting with the Blood Drives, knitting/crocheting baby hats for the NICU, assisting with clerical needs, making tray favors & welcoming cards, delivering newspapers & flowers, distributing absentee ballots during election season and setting up for special events.
- Evening Shift: An evening shift is available for those looking to volunteer later in the day.
For more information on this active and progressive group of hospital volunteers, call the front desk at (805) 546-7780
or stop by the main lobby of the hospital to pick up an application.