The Volunteer Auxiliary at Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center recently donated $12,200 in funding and scholarships to 16 local organizations. The four largest grants included $2,000 to the Cal Poly Endowment Fund and $1500 to the Eleanor Sears Cuesta Endowment Fund.
Other grants include:
· Meals On Wheels ($1200)
· SLO Noor Foundation ($1,00)
· Cuesta College Endowment Fund ($1,000)
· Cuesta College Book Grants; Nursing Program ($1,000)
· Hospice Partners of the Central Coast ($1,000)
· Camp Hapitok for Children ($750)
· CASA -- Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children ($750)
· DeGroot Home for Disabled Children, Santa Lucia SLO Cancer Society, Area Agency on Aging (HICAP), Big Brothers Big Sisters of SLO County, Hotline of San Luis Obispo ($500 each)
The Sierra Vista Volunteer Auxiliary is comprised of more than 100 volunteers who donate in excess of 25,000 volunteer hours to Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center each year. In addition to being responsible for the Information Desk in the main lobby of the hospital, the Volunteer Auxiliary also operates the Hospital Gift Shop, the Cuddlers Program in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and other duties that assist in the smooth functioning of the hospital.