Giving blood saves lives and improves the health of those in need of blood. Approximately 4.5 million Americans would die each year without life saving blood infusions. To help protect those in our community, Sierra Vista holds four blood drives throughout the year in the hospital Auditorium. Reservations are NOT required.
Upcoming Blood Drives
- February 14, 2014
- May 30, 2014
- August 22, 2014
- December 12, 2014
Blood Donor Guidelines
- Please bring a Photo ID
- 17 years of age or older
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
- Good health
- Wear a top with short or loose-fitting sleeves
- No tattoos within the last 12 months
- Eat a healthy meal and drink plenty of fluids before hand
- Know what traveling you've done in the last 5 years
- Discontinue antibiotics at least 24 hours prior
- Not donated blood within last 56 days
Giving blood takes approximately 45-60 minutes, including filling out paperwork. For more information about becoming a blood donor at one of Sierra Vista's blood drives, contact Kip Dettmer in laboratory services at 546-7790.
United Blood Services