Dedicated volunteers are an integral part of our team at Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center. In return for your commitment of volunteering four hours a week, you receive training, support, complimentary meals and satisfaction knowing you make a difference in the lives of so many here at the hospital and within our community.
Volunteers are encouraged to choose areas of opportunity that interest them the most. However, volunteers are especially needed for the front desk and gift shop.
- Front Desk: Front Desk duties for volunteers include greeting patients and visitors to the hospital, giving directions or escorting them to a specific area, delivering flowers and newspapers, and attending to the hostess cart. Volunteers at the front desk also act as a liaison to the surgical department.
- Gift Shop: The Gift Shop is sponsored and staffed by volunteers. All proceeds are used by the non-profit organization for scholarships and special projects.
- Cuddler Program: The Cuddler Program at Sierra Vista gives volunteers a great opportunity to aid in the development of premature infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. As a volunteer in this program, your goal will be to support the nursing staff and patients' families with loving hands and a gentle presence. Volunteers must be mature, responsible and comfortable holding premature infants. Due to the amount of interest in this program, no new volunteers are currently being accepted into this position.
- Emergency Department: Volunteers work closely with emergency department physicians and staff in providing support and compassionate care to patients and their families. This program is ideal for those with an interest in the day-to-day operations of a medical center emergency department. Due to the amount of interest in this program, no new volunteers are currently being accepted into this position.
- Special Projects: Other projects that volunteers often help out with include: assisting with the Blood Drives, knitting/crocheting baby hats for the NICU, assisting with clerical needs, making tray favors & welcoming cards and setting up for special events.
- Evening Front Desk: An evening shift is available for those looking to volunteer later in the day from 4:30pm-8pm. The evening shift is primarily geared toward college students.
All volunteers are asked to make a one year commitment to the program, with special consideration taken for student schedules. Volunteers are required to attend a hospital orientation and be tested for TB.
For more information on this active and progressive group of hospital volunteers, call the front desk at (805) 546-7780 or stop by the main lobby of the hospital to pick up an application.