Welcoming Home Your New Baby
At Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center, we understand that every woman and pregnancy is unique. We have helped deliver more than 40,000 babies over the last 50 years. Our program includes:
- Our comprehensive team of obstetricians, pediatricians, neonatologists, and medical staff has the training and expertise to guide you through the labor and delivery process.
- Our NICU has provided advanced critical care to the Central Coast’s tiniest, most fragile babies and our facility is currently the only Level III NICU in San Luis Obispo County.
- During these most precious moments, you should know Sierra Vista has the capability and resources to care for newborns with extreme prematurity (23 or more weeks gestation) or who are critically ill.
Our highly-skilled team of medical experts will be with you every step of the way, offering a full-range of resources for fertility, breastfeeding, prenatal care, infant safety, and classes on breastfeeding and childbirth.
Are you looking for a great doctor to help you through your pregnancy? Use our online tool to find an obstetrician
Private Birthing Rooms
Our birthing center is designed for comfort and convenience. You’ll have access to a private, fully equipped room for labor and delivery, featuring a flat screen television, wireless Internet and a sleeper chair for your partner or coach.
Afterward, you’ll be able to recover in one of our private recovery rooms, where you can have the privacy and space to begin bonding with your baby.
We’re also happy to offer education classes before birth for mom and dad to prepare for the new baby. Our experienced childbirth and lactation specialists help you feel more confident about what to expect for childbirth and parenting.
Below are some of the other many services we offer:
- Accommodations that include a private labor, delivery and recovery room, a bathroom and shower, an adjustable bed, and a couch or reclining chair for your labor partner.
- Option for natural water laboring in our Delux Labor Tub.
- An extensive educational program that provides birthing classes for expectant parents.
- Newborn Screening program
- Level III Neonatal Intensive care Unit (NICU)
- NICU Infant Follow-Up Program
- Lactation Consultants that can provide consultations and support during your hospital stay
- Celebratory Meal
Want to learn more about the services we offer at our Birth Center? Call 855.874.8446 to schedule a tour, or Register for Birthing Classes.